Friday, February 12, 2010

Winter Olympics 2010



And so begin the Winter Olympics of 2010! Hosted in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, today started off horribly for the late Georgian Nodar Kumaritashvili, who would have participated in the luge competitions had he not been thrown from his sled into a steel pillar during a training run this morning. This must have definitely been a low blow for Georgia, as well as all of the other lugers (that's a word, right?). These winter games were dedicated in his memory.
With over 80 nations and more than 2,500 participants, although these games won't be as big as the 2008 Summer Olympics in Beijing, it sure will make a splash! Hmm. That would have been in better context if this was about Summer Olympics. We, the U.S. of A., have 216 citizens participating, which is very impressive, if I do say so myself.

What will these Olympics hold for us? For everyone? Only time will tell...

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you comment, I'll give you a muffin! Okay that was a lie. I'll give you a lollipop! Nope, still not right. Hang on... How about I give you a shiny gold star sticker? Grrrrrr, forget it! I never was good at bribery.